Thursday 28 October 2010

This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. John 17:3

"'I AM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, AND THE GOD OF ISAAC, AND THE GOD OF JACOB '
He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Matthew 22:32

There's so much to this that I never saw before. The dead don't worship God, whether alive or dead; it's the living who worship Him, whether alive or dead. Those who are alive in this life but say that God is not 'their God' are dead, while they yet live.
 Therefore, if I have doubts as to whether my faith is real, I have only to look in my heart. What is my heart's attitude towards Him, regardless of my feelings? Is my heart loving Him? Do I long for Him? Am I saddened by my sinful ways and saddened by the way I hurt Him? If I can say yes to these things, then He is my God and has made me alive in Him. Reason enough to jump for joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment