Sunday 25 February 2007

Something I miss about England

You can almost smell the bluebells ...

Here's something else I miss;
Scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam
Mmmmmm... With a cup of Lapsang Souchong
there's little to compare with them...

Shockingly decadent, I know; but I have to admit that it's a weakness; or it would be if I could get it often enough. As it is, I forgot to buy any the last time we were in the UK, which was last August.
I've tried making my own with fresh farm milk from round the corner from where we live. It worked pretty well, but you need a lot of milk to make a decent amount of cream. With two litres I was able to make about 150 g. It takes two days to complete the process, which is another reason why most people buy it ready-made. It's more expensive that way, plus you lose the milk. Make your own, and you can use the milk in soups, etc. Actually, we drank it and had it on cereal and it tasted fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment