Tuesday 16 October 2007

Come out of all the pretence

"I can't stand your religious meetings. I'm fed up with your conferences and conventions. I want nothing to do with your religious projects, your pretentious slogans and goals. I'm sick of your fund-raising schemes, your public relations and image making. I've had all I can take of your noisy ego-music. When was the last time you sang to Me?" (Amos 5:21-23 The Message)

"He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since He is Lord of heaven and earth, He doesn't live in man-made temples." (Acts 17:24 NLT)

"I'm after love that lasts, not more religion. I want you to know GOD, not go to more prayer meetings." (Hosea 6:6 The Message)

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Matthew 11:28-30 The Message)

"So don't put up with anyone pressuring you in details of diet, worship services, or holy days. All those things are mere shadows cast before what was to come; the substance is Christ." (Colossians 2:16-17 The Message)

"His voice that time shook the earth to its foundations; this time--he's told us this quite plainly--he'll also rock the heavens: 'One last shaking, from top to bottom, stem to stern.' The phrase 'one last shaking' means a thorough housecleaning, getting rid of all the historical and religious junk so that the unshakable essentials stand clear and uncluttered." (Hebrews 12:26-27 The Message)

'Jesus then left the Temple. As he walked away, His disciples pointed out how very impressive the Temple architecture was. Jesus said, "You're not impressed by all this sheer size, are you? The truth of the matter is that there's not a stone in that building that is not going to end up in a pile of rubble." (Matthew 24:1-2 The Message)

"However, the Most High doesn't live in temples made by human hands. As the prophet says, 'Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool. Could you ever build Me a temple as good as that?' asks the Lord. 'Could you build a dwelling place for Me? Didn't I make everything in heaven and earth?' You stubborn people! You are heathen at heart and deaf to the truth. Must you forever resist the Holy Spirit? But your ancestors did, and so do you!" (Acts 7:48-51 NLT)

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1)


Borrowed from
http://www.myspace.com/truthforfree

with thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment